This beautiful stone villa of 145mē (135mē main house and an extra 10mē basement) comes on land of 600mē, is not yet completed - waiting for its new owner for the final finishing internal touch.
To take full benefit from such view the property has been designed with the main living, benefiting of the scenery from each room.
The first floor can also be reached from ground level via an outside stone staircase to the terrace and entrance to the living area. An internal staircase also leads to the first floor. A large picture window is to be included at one end of the lounge to take full advantage of the scenery.
This villa has the advantage of oil fired central heating. Full amenities, wooden windows with shutters, television and internet connection will be also available.
The exterior will be finished with shrubs and mature bougainvilleas with paved areas and terraces. Private parking for vehicles will be immediately next to the house.
Stonework is done by local artisans, very experienced in this type of work which is shown in the quality of building and the attention to detail. The stonework will be moisture resistant and an inhibitor has been used in the mortar.
This particular villa offers a perfect example of the stonemasonĒs art, with arches, staircase and other features incorporating all the traditional aspects from days gone by. The villa has wonderful views over olive groves and vineyards and the nearby village.
The lovely Villa was built in a fully Eco Friendly spirit and will come fully furnished and equipped with ecological furniture, shortly ready to accommodate you after the purchase.
The villa's surrounding area is a botanical paradise. A large number of herbs grow here, many of which cannot be found anywhere else in the world. In total, 268 endemic plants can be found in Crete. Wildflowers of spring, various trees, rare, Cretan herbs, gorges and caves, wild birds as well as unique small sandy or rocky beaches could make the holiday an unforgettable experience.
A very quiet and traditionally constructed village just 2km from the well know village of Perama with all amenities available, rich in vegetation and with a magnificent view of the sea, mountains, valleys located nearby.
The village's location is absolutely ideal for quiet holiday seekers, families, romantic holidays, walkers & nature lovers, traditional architecture enthusiasts, those looking for an area with historical background and authentic local life lovers, far from any noisy centre.
Perama is situated 25km from Rethimno. Since the Venice domination, it's known as Royal Perama. After the construction of the old national road, the first road of Crete, in 1920, Perama replaced Panormo, which was the main commercial centre till then, and developed to a small town.
At the centre of Crete, the biggest island of Greece the mountainous block of Psiloritis or Mountain Idis according to its ancient name spreads. This place has been a place of birth of immortal Gods and heroic action of mortal people.
The history of the area is linked indissolubly with the history of Crete. The first residents of the island inhabited places near to the coasts of the island during the Stone Age. We come across Minoan habitations across the mountain with important centres those of Tylisos, Gonies, Zominthos, and Grivila near Achlades in Mylopotamos, Monastiraki and Apodoulos of Amari. During the Geometric and Archaic era the cities of Aksos in Eleftherna, Tylisos and Sivritos flourished. After the Roman conquest, Crete was the district of an endless empire. During that period the centre of cultural and economic life of the island was Gortina. The predominance of Christianity demarcates the Byzantine period of the land's history. Gortina, Aksos, Eleftherna and Syvritos were the centres of bishops. The Byzantine presence in the island was violently interrupted by the Arabic conquest at 823. We do not have any essential information concerning the island's status from the dark ages of the Arabic conquest. At 961 Nikiforos Fokas conquered Crete once again. The second Byzantine period in the island began this way. Then, according to the legend, noble families inhabited the land from Istanbul such as the family of Kallergis, the family of Klados, the family of Chortatzis, the family of Vlastos, and the family of Varouchis names of families that we still come across in the area of Psiloritis. The 4th Crusade (1204) marked the end of the Byzantine Empire. Crete was then conquered by the queen of seas, Venice. The Cretans did not stop insurrecting against the Venetians with constant rebellions. Thus, the wider area during the rebellions of the family of Kallergis (1299) abstracted privileges for the Greek orthodox residents. The area was conquered by the Turks at 1645. The wild Turkish Cretans had as their centre the village of Ampadia in the Area of Amari.
The residents of Psiloritis never accepted to subject to the foreign dynast. They were fighting for freedom with constant rebellions. During this period the caves of the area offered a hideaway to the legendary insurgents of the mountains (Also known as "Chainides"). During the big revolution for independence at 1824, four hundred people from Melidoni village were tortured to death at the historic place of Gerondospilios. At Gonies village of Melidoni at 1830, the Turks executed 75 residents. The epilogue of the Greek Revolution in Crete is captured in the dramatic adjurations of the Cretans towards the grand powers of the era, from the letters that were written in Margarites which was the centre of the Revolutionary Council of the Cretans. At 1822 and 1867 the holocaust of Anogia took place. The heroic Arkadi village was the centre of the revolution at 1866. Today is considered as a humanitarian symbol of freedom and sacrifice. During the Second World War and the Battle of Crete at Latzimas site near Prinos village at Mylopotamos, great battles took place between the allies and the German intruders. During the Nazi years, resistance groups were made up which had found their shelter in the gnarled tops of Psiloritis. The residents of Psiloritis paid with blood their participation to the National Resistance. At Gournolakos site, south of Livadia village in Mylopotamos, 32 men were executed. An enormous event of the Resistance in the island was the kidnapping of General Kraipe at Damasta village. The sabotage was successed by the holocausts of Anogia at Mylopotamos, Kedros at Amari, Vorizia and the execution of 25 men from Gergeri and Nivritos villages as well as 30 other people at Gonies village.