Ktimatoemporiki Crete :: Norway
Hjem Sidekart Nyheter Sok Kontakt os Testimonials







Hotel For Sale in Crete
Hjem
Hotel For Sale in CreteReferansenummer : #02-256
Sted : Hellas :: Kreta :: Chania
Kategori : Hoteller

Hotel For Sale in Crete, Located within the alleys of the picturesque Chania Old Town, this three-storey hotel featuring five (5) beautifully furnished suites, is an excellent opportunity to purchase a successful and profitable business in a prime location, the Old Port of Chania; the beating heart of the city!
 
The hotel is found in a corner traditional building of 198m with frontage 5.75m and 9.35m. It is fully renovated with an exquisite attention to detail.

Perfectly located at the heart of the Chania Old Town, on the ground floor (69m), there is now a reception area with ample space for visitors, along with a kitchenette and a WC. On the same floor, there is also a 25m ground floor suite, equipped with a double bed and a sofa bed, capable of accommodating 3 people. This suite was totally renovated in 2017, up to elegant standards.

An independent entrance at the side of the building leads to the first floor (72m) via a wooden staircase.

On this level, one can find two impressively decorated suites; one suite of 18m comprising a twin bed (accommodating two persons), as well as, one 25m suite with a twin bed and a sofa bed, thus, accommodating 3 guests.

A wooden staircase leads to the second floor (56.76m) where there are two more suites accommodating four and two guests, accordingly; the first suite is an impressive maisonette of 50m comprising of a twin bed and a double sofa bed, whereas, the last 18m suite encompasses an enchanting terrace, ideal for lazy afternoons in a privileged part of the city!

Special Features:
  • ensuite bathrooms
  • kitchenettes
  • air conditioning
A tour in the maze of streets of the Old Port will bring out plenty of hidden spots off the beaten track, which reflect the mix of influences that has given Chania its very unique atmosphere.


Location:

The "Old Town" consists of the old Venetian harbour and the small Venetian blocks located behind the harbour; it is characterized by narrow and picturesque alleys - similar to an enchanting labyrinth - full of life, and the plentiful remaining Venetian and Turkish buildings. The Lighthouse, the Fortress of Firka, the Mosque of Kioutsouk Hasan, the Great Arsenali and the Neoria have become landmarks of the city. Most of the buildings are rejuvenated and they compose a puzzle of contemporary, Venetian and Turkish architecture; they are also a 'living' exhibition of the city's history. Today they work as shops, taverns, cafes and touristic accommodations.

The most famous part of the Old Town is the lively round waterfront along the Venetian harbour, which is full of small hotels, cafes, restaurants, taverns and bars. The Lighthouse at the end of the harbour is a landmark of Chania.

Inside the "Old town" there are various districts. The Daliani district was a place where Turks used to live and the Dominican church of Saint Nicolas still remains. The Kasteli district used to be a noble district, where many mansions were located in the past. At the end of its central road, the "Sintrivani" square is located, where the gentlemen were gathered for coffee, walking or political conversation. Today this area is regarded as the entrance to the old town and it is full of cafes, restaurants and small bars. In that district it is also located the mosque of Hasan pasha. The "Akti Kountourioti" is a place with local shops, where many young and older people gathered for entertainment in the bars and restaurants nearby. There is also the Topana district which is named that way because of the cannons (topia) that the Turks had placed there.

One of the monuments which reflect the Venetian heritage of Chania is the Fortress of Firka. It is located at the end of the town's pier, to the seashore and it was part of a defensive system which begun in 1538 by the engineer Michele Sanmichele, who also designed Herakleio's defences. The fort is still known with its Turkish name, Firca (Firka = barracks). A thick chain from Firka to the base of the light-house closed the harbour in case of siege.

The Venetians used to imprison in this castle those Cretans who were sentenced to death. The Greek flag was raised on the Fortress of Firca in 1913, in the presence of King Constantine and the well known politician from Chania, Eleftherio Venizelo, in order to declare the Cretan union with the rest of Greece. This event was very important for the island, because it inaugurated a brave new age for the history of Crete.

Nowadays, the first building in the castle, which has been restored, hosts the Naval Museum. Here there are exhibited different types of cannon, navigation equipment, ship models, portraits and even a collection of rare shells. One important exhibit in the museum, apart from the navy exhibits, are the detailed Marquette of Chania like it was in the 17th century, together with the port and the Venetian dockyard, which has been presented until today.

Firka's wonderful view to the sea is offered for a variety of cultural events. Concerts of Greek music from local artists along with various theatrical plays, are taking place in the Fortress during summer.

The Venetian Lighthouse

The Lighthouse which is built at the far end of the Venetian harbour imposes the view of the old Town. It was built in 1570 and it was reconstructed in 1830. During the last decades it has become one of the landmarks of the Venetian harbour.

The lighthouse was built during the period that the Venetian harbour was built. The lighthouse started to decay during the Turkish occupation. After 1830, when England handed Crete to Egypt, the lighthouse was reconstructed on its original base. New restorations took place in 2005-2006. The visitors of the Chania old town can enjoy a short walk perimetrically of the breakwater to reach the Lighthouse. There is a lovely cafe bar a few meters from the Lighthouse with great sunset views.

The mosque of Kioutsouk Hassan is the only mosque preserved in the city and dates back to the second half of the 17th century. It was built in honour of Kioutsouk Hassan, the first garrison commander of Chania and there used to be a one-roomed temple in its current position. The temple Kioutsouk (small) Hassan or Giali Tzamissi (seaside mosque) was the work of an Armenian architect, who had constructed another similar mosque in Spaniako, a village in Selino County. The mosque stopped operating in 1923.

Today it is restored but the small and picturesque minaret next to it was demolished in 1920 (according to other sources in 1939). It has been occasionally used as an Archaeological Museum of Chania, a storehouse, a museum of folklore art and an Information Office of the Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO), while recently it is used as an event and exhibition hall.

In the great Arsenali and the Neoria the ships of the powerful Venetian fleet were repaired during the winter time. The south complex of the Neoria was completed in 1599, with the construction of 17 Neoria. In 1607 the construction of five more Neoria began on the eastern basin of the harbour. However, only two of them were ever completed. Today 7 Neoria out of the 17 still survive. In their original form they were open on the side of the sea. The ceilings are arched, and they are connected with arched openings of the same thickness as the walls.

The great Arsenali

This is the last and biggest building on the west side of a complex of 17 shipyards. The construction of the Arsenali began in 1585 by the Commissioner General Alvise Grimani. Today it is the home of the Mediterranean Centre of Architecture and regular events and exhibitions are hosted there.

Halidon Street - The Orthodox Church of the three Martyrs


It is the most recognizable street of Chania which leads to the entrance of the old harbour. There are numerous shops and fast foods along this road. In the middle of the road down to the harbour, on your right hand side, you will see Chania's cathedral church of the Three Martyrs, built on the east part of a lovely square with taverns, cafes and shops.

Across from the cathedral there is the Catholic Church. In its courtyard there is the entrance to the Cretan Folk Museum. Right next door there is the renovated church of St Francis, one of the most impressive Venetian churches of Crete. It consists of a temple and two closed courtyards, and it dates back to the 14th Century. Nowadays it houses Chania's archaeological museum, well worth a visit to see the ceramics, inscribed tablets, glassware and mosaics recovered from local excavation work.

Price (Euros) 450000
Build area (m) 198
Levels 3
Electricity Ja
Water Ja
Distance to airport, km 15
Distance to beach, km 1,8
Town Distance, km 0,15
Hovedkontor
Contact us - Main office



Tel.:
Fax:

E-mail:
+30 28210 57111
+30 28210 58881
info@ktimatoemporiki.gr




Brukernavn
Password
Ikke medlem Registrer deg her



Hjem :: aushetspolitikk :: Sidekart :: Nyheter :: Sok :: Kontakt os

Where your dreams become investments! Real estate Ktimatoemporiki
©2005 Ktimatoemporiki. All rights reserved."It is pointed out that according to Law 2121/1993 and the International Conventions on the protection of copyright that Greece has ratified the republication and generally the reproduction of the content of the present web page in all or in part is prohibited without the previous written authorisation of Ktimatoemporiki Crete".
This site was designed and developed by net-tomorrow design studio