Help for First Time Buyers
- What a First Time Buyer needs to know
- Points to consider
- How much can I borrow?
- First Time Buyer Mortgages
- Real Estate Transfer Tax
- Protecting your investment
- Choosing expert help
- Buying with friends or family
- Stages of purchase
- Shared equity
Many home builders offer good deals for first time buyers.
One such way is by offering shared equity which means that you don't need to buy all of the house in one go.
However, unlike from housing associations you do need to pay for the balance at some point – sometimes a long time after you've bought but always if you sell up. This type of stage payment scheme can be a great way of buying a new home if you are confident of being able to save for or obtain the balance.
Other attractive offers used by house-builders to attract first time buyers include:
* Cash Back
* Furniture/furnishings/holiday vouchers
* VAT paid
* Move in for six months free
* Free White goods/equipment
* Legal fees paid
* Service charge paid
* Deposit or part of a deposit paid
Always ask a good solicitor to check out the terms of the offer.